The National Student Survey (NSS) is for students in their final year of study to feedback on their educational experience throughout their degree. The purpose of this is to reflect on the strengths and areas of improvements for institutions to ensure they are meeting to students’ satisfaction. By taking part in the survey, you will be helping future students gain the best in their experience as a student!
Last year, 71% of eligible students at Hull & Harrogate College took part in the survey.
80% of the students said they were satisfied with their educational experience at Hull College.
The College pay very close attention to every feedback the students give in this survey and from last year’s survey, they’ve already done the following:
- The HE Learning Mentor has been made full time and spends time with both Faculty of Arts & Faculty of Business in Hull
- The library service are increasing their journals, updating reading lists and are looking into accessing more resources for books for courses.
- IT have installed WiFi across the College sites, with an increase to internet speed from 100mb to between 500mb & 1gb
- IT have also updated PC’s to Windows 7, installed Adobe Creative software suite and are making improvements to current PC equipment with higher spec computers, especially in specialist areas.
- High Street is currently being improved especially with new dance studios.
- Energy & Climate Building have now got a keypad secured social area for HE students.
- Estates are working on zoning and improving social areas around the College sites.
- Students’ Union are working closely with Reps and providing more opportunities to students, including Union Council & voluntary awards.
There’s still a massive lot of work to do but we can keep this going and continue to improve the student experience at Hull & Harrogate College if you take 5 minutes to fill in the online survey.
The survey is now open until 30th April 2014 so there is plenty of time!
You can either follow this link http://www.thestudentsurvey.com/ or Ipsos MORI (who run the survey) will contact you to complete the survey over the phone.
We have the following launch events happening over the next few weeks where you can meet with the Deans of Faculty, Students’ Union & the Assistant Principle of HE and find out more about the NSS;
Monday 20th January – Hull Launch with free tea & cake: HE Centre, 12pm – 1pm
Monday 10th February – Harrogate Launch with free tea & cake: Room TBC, 12pm – 1pm
Tuesday 11th February – Hull Launch Pt 2 with free tea & cake: HE Centre, 12pm – 1pm
In the next upcoming weeks, we’ll also be launching a video of “you said, we did” so keep your eyes peeled and doing our Campus tour where we’ll be in social spaces and classrooms to meet you and have a chat (we’ll provide the biscuits!).
You’ll automatically be put in a prize draw for a Amazon Kindle Fire or Amazon vouchers for students at Hull & Harrogate College just by taking part in the survey!
See you around!
(President of HCSU)